Learning English is a good opportunity for those looking to advance their career. Whether you are currently employed or if you will be entering the workforce, learning English can improve your chances for getting a job and can also lead to career advancement for those of you already employed.
Just think about the many ways that learning English for work will advance your career starting from your very first application to future job advancement:
- English Resume/CV and Cover Letter – After learning English, both written and spoken, you’ll be able to prepare your resume/curriculum vitae and cover letter in English. This will open doors to possible opportunities where companies require your applicant information to be submitted in English. Having a well-written resume can show a potential job employer that you have good command of English and that you are more than qualified for the position!
- English Fluency to Ace The Interview & Speak With International Offices – Once your cover letter and resume get you in the door, your English fluency may also help you ace your interview. Whether your interview is in your native language or in English, having the language background will help you succeed in a variety of fields. As globalization links businesses from around the world, the need to communicate has never been more important. Typically, English is the language of business when dealing internationally. Having a good knowledge of the English can show that you are more than qualified for the position.
- English Can Help You Network – You’re hired! Congratulations. You may think all the hard work is over, but you may find that learning English for work will also help you with your career advancement. Whether you are networking or keeping in touch through emails and letters, you will find that English may translate into established relationships with individuals who can help with future promotions throughout your career. It may also fulfill minimum requirements like a managerial promotion thanks in part to your English communication skills. In the business or corporate world, communication is vital – learning English for work will mean that you can write, speak, and listen effectively.
ESL Schools for Business Advancement
Whether you will be entering the job market, or if you are looking to advance your current career, there is no better way to open opportunities than through learning English. ESL classes are designed to help you gain the tools needed to be successful in your career whether you are reading, writing, speaking or listening. Many ESL schools also understand that each student is there for their own person reasons.
So, why should you learn English for work? ESL programs can help you in the following areas:
- Refine Your Presentation Skills – Are you worried about a presentation or speaking in another language? ESL classes are designed to give you experience speaking English comfortably and with ease.
- Learn Industry Specific Jargon –You can even take classes specific to your industry like medicine, dentistry, general business, international trade, etc. If you have specific goals, like learning industry vocabulary or presentation skills, make sure you communicate this to your school. Many ESL classes can be tailored either as a group or individually to accomplish these goals.
- Understand Important Documents – Many reports and documents that are seen internationally are written in English. Spend some time on your reading and comprehension skills so that you will be able to read documents, build reports, and write letters that you never knew you could!
- Work Abroad – Another perk to learning English is that you can use these skills to work abroad in other English (or even, non-English!) speaking countries. In today’s world of multinational corporations, individuals from all around the world need to communicate and understand one another. In most multinational companies, English is the primary means of communication. Because of this, many companies look to employ individuals who can speak one or more languages. Whether you become fluent or bilingual in English, this may mean job security and more rewarding opportunities.
There is no doubt that learning English is an advantage in today’s international society giving you the ability to communicate and do business all around the world! No matter what industry you are in, learning English for work will provide you with unlimited possibilities.